ZETRON TECHNICAL TIPS
CONFIGURING HYPER TERMINAL (WINDOWS 95) FOR PROGRAMMING ZETRON PRODUCTS.
The following is a step-by-step procedure for configuring HyperTerminal for use with Zetron products.
1. Open the HyperTerminal folder by clicking on the start button, moving the cursor to programs, then accessories, and click on the HyperTerminal.
2. Double click on the Hypertrm icon in the HyperTerminal folder.
3. Enter the name of the connection, and select any one of the icons. Click on the OK button.
4. HyperTerminal displays the Phone Number setup window. Click on the down arrow at the right end of the connect using list box, and select "Direct to Com x" from the list (x is 1 to 4 depending on the communication port you will be using). Click on the OK button.
5. Now the Properties window for the selected communication port appears. Select the relevant baud rate along with 8 data bits, 1 stop bit and "none" for flow control, then click on OK.
6. Save the settings by selecting File, then Save from the HyperTerminal menu.
7. In future sessions, you need only open the HyperTerminal folder as described in step 1 above and double click on the setup icon to configure HyperTerminal.