1. Zetron 827 MP1327ODEL 827
MPT 1327 Trunking Controller
· Trunking System Controller is fully MPT 1327/ 1343 compliant and compatible with MPT 1352/1327 radios
· Modular structure and cross busied control enables a building block approach to site development with expansion capability of up to 24 channels per site
· Loss of a single channel due to repeater or controller failure does not bring down the system
· Individual Subscriber Validation plus Electronic Serial Number (ESN) checking
· Windows or DOS based system configuration software is included and provides easy configuration set up and maintenance from a single local or remote connection
· Call timers to limit call duration programmable by time of day
· Statistical analysis of site usage (MPT 1318)
· Billing support and 4000 record transaction buffer
· External sense and internal alarm input monitoring
· 4 levels of user defined call priority in addition to the three MPT 1327 standard levels
(Normal, High Priority, and Emergency)
· Support for an extensive range of MPT 1327 call types
· Three separate call queues for voice, phone, and busy mobile
· Approved to European Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) and BABT Approval Number 606207
· All RF channels have equal access to telephone interconnects, which are integrated into the controller package
Internal voice prompts
Least cost routing
No potentiometers for balance and level setting software interface tunes line levels
Built-in modem (1200/2400 baud)
Built-in DSP (Digital Signal Processing) audio processing and echo canceling
Built-in dial click detector
· Call restriction
The MPT 1327 trunked mobile radio standard is recognized internationally for public and private radio systems. Zetron's Model 827 Trunking Controller implements this standard in a single controller package and goes one better. An advanced telephone interconnect can be integrated into the controller for enhanced system interoperability. Its modular design approach ensures a cost effective system with expansion capability. Many features have been incorporated into the controller. The configuration software included with the controller supports system setup and customization.
The MPT 1327 open standard provides a highly capable and flexible trunked system. Through the use of a control channel, which can be fixed or cyclic, the MPT standard invites users to place calls. Many short call requests can be honored with fast access. Group and individual conversations are possible, as well as group announcements. If a called party is busy, a user can request a call back. Many other call types are also supported.
System operators gain control over who is using their system. Users can be required to log in using their mobile electronic serial number (ESN). Different fleets can be supported on the system. Within a fleet, individuals and groups can be identified and users given priority access. Emergency calls are fully supported. System statistics and billing summary data are made readily available.
The Model 827 has integrated the MPT 1327 standard into one capable unit using powerful 32 bit processing. The standard controller has a long list of features. The telephone interconnect makes the Model 827 particularly attractive where extensive phone traffic is expected.
Each repeater in the trunked radio system is fitted with a Model 827. The Model 827 controllers are then linked together through the 64 Kbit PCM audio and data bus. One Model 827 at the repeater site becomes the communication bus master, which controls the communication between the trunking controllers. No central switch is required in a single site application. System control data is passed between the trunking controllers through the data bus.
Optionally, each Model 827 controller may be fitted with a telephone interface, which will give the capability to network multiple repeater sites or to provide interconnect into a PABX or the public telephone network.
Up to 24 Model 827 controllers may be connected together at a single site, trunking up to 24 channels. Each site has database capacity for up to 5,000 users, with up to 2,000 group identities and 500 fleets.
Although the system database is uploaded through one Model 827, it is transferred to all other units over the data bus, ensuring efficient and easy update. This also provides system resilience, ensuring that loss of one repeater or controller still allows the rest of the system to stay in operation.
Flexible Repeater Interface
The Model 827 is a compact, one-unit high 19" product for rack mount interface with most standard repeaters. It connects directly to its host repeater. Standard connections are made to this repeater, enabling the Model 827 to be integrated with repeaters from a range of manufacturers.
Flexible Telephone Interface
With the optional telephone interconnect the Model 827 has an additional interface port for a PABX extension or trunk, a subscriber line on the public telephone network or a private wire to another site. Because phone lines vary around the world, the Model 827 has a very flexible interface. Telephone parameters such as line level, DTMF and Pulse timings are programmed internally. Multiple line types are supported: E-E (2 wire PSTN), E&M 2- and 4-wire to PABX, and 2- and 4-wire leased line. Accurate hybrid balance is guaranteed with automatic self adjustments made daily.
The modular approach to system development is particularly attractive for the smaller or expanding system. Channels can be added incrementally. Cross busied control channel operation allows the Model 827 to share an existing repeater being used for conventional radios. This allows the system operator using conventional tone signaling to upgrade to trunking while keeping existing radios.
System management is performed using a standard PC running Zetron's Model 827 Configuration Software. Windows and DOS based versions are available. The Configuration Software is included with the Model 827 controller. With the application, changes to operational parameters or the subscriber data base are made off line, then uploaded to the site when required.
The management PC does not need to be permanently connected to the system. When uploads are needed, the PC can connect directly to the Model 827 front panel or alternatively, through an external modem. If the telephone interconnection option is installed, a built-in modem can be used for remote connection. Required connection time is typically very short, keeping telephone connection charges low.
The power and flexibility of the Model 827 comes from the operator's ability to customize the system . ng the Configuration Software. The application is well structured and easy to use with extensive help menus. Programming parameters include:
· Fixed, cyclic, dedicated on non-dedicated control channel
· Variable call limit timers by time of day
· Call queuing and priority parameters
· Control channel frame length maintenance parameters and time-outs
Voice prompts Channel Edit
· Repeater operating parameters
· Alarm reporting
Shared channel applications Subscriber Edit
· Subscriber identity and validity
· Priority and access security
· Class of service privileges
· Standard, priority, emergency calls
· Facilities within a fleet and between fleets
· Telephone facilities and dialing restrictions
· Roaming options
· Fleet and group configuration
The MPT 1327 specification has structured call types with room for user definition. The following call types are supported:
Simple, Emergency, Priority, PSTN, PABX,
Non Standard Data
Normal, Emergency, Inbound, Broadcast or
Conference, PSTN, PABX
Inter-prefix Individual, Group, and Status 9 Registration
ADVANCED TELEPHONE INTERCONNECT
The integrated telephone interconnect offers valuable PSTN and PABX interface options to the system operator. These are popular in rural and commercial applications. A built-in PCM switch allows any radio port to be connected to any telephone port. With the capability to have one telephone port per channel, all radio channels can have telephone access at the same time.
With the telephone interconnect, many convenient features are available, including: dial click detector, internal modem, and accurate, automatic hybrid balancing. Users are guided by 16 built-in voice prompts and are notified if a party is unavailable or a call can not be made. Voice prompts are recordable by the system operator. Telephone tone prompts can also be enabled.
Additional telephone operational features include speed dialing, call limit timers programmable by time of day, least call routing, and full toll restrict for barred numbers.
STATISTICS AND BILLING
Channel statistics are logged once an hour. The information stored includes repeater call loading on traffic channels, slotted control information, and call attempts per type of call. Statistics are in accordance with MPT 1318.
The Model 827 automatically keeps a transaction buffer, with storage for about 4000 calls. Record information includes calling and called party, type of call, time placed and duration. If the controller's buffer fills, the Model 827 will attempt to find another controller in the system with space available and use that buffer. The Model 827 can also trigger an alarm based on a full transaction buffer. Transaction data may be downloaded through the management PC to be used with the customer's invoicing package or Zetron's own invoicing package.
ALARM REPORTING AND MONITORING
The Model 827 can trip three internal alarms and monitor three external sense alarms. The three available internal alarms are: subscriber bus faults, repeater bus faults, and transaction buffer overflow. Upon alarm detection, the controller can place a status message to a defined radio or place a phone call if there is a telephone interface in the system.
The Model 827 Trunking Controller development program will provide system upgrade to an advanced wide area, multi-site trunking network. Future phases of system development will include facilities such as:
· Switched and non-switched site interconnect
· Multisite broadcast and conference group calls
· Call diversion
· Multisite time share control channel
* Line dispatcher
Power 10.5 to 16 Volts DC, 12 Watts
Temperature 0 to 60 Celsius
Size 4826mm X x 445mm H x 2626mm D
Weight 3 Kg
Conforms to MPT 1327/1343 trunking standard. Supports radios compliant with MPT 1327/1352. Full Duplex or Half Duplex operation.
RADIO INTERFACE SPECIFICATIONS
PTT Form-C relay closure.
1 amp @ 30 volts max.
COR External COR/CAS, polarity select, Internal Squelch
Tx Audio Adjustable -40 to 3 dBm.
1 K ohm impedance @ 1 000hz
Rx Audio Adjustable -40 to 3 dB.
Single or differential input.
50K ohm impedance @ 1 000hz
Connector 12 position detachable screw strip
Modulation Depends on transmitter
TELEPHONE INTERFACE SPECIFICATIONS
Line Type Configurable End-to-End (PSTN subscriber line/PABX extension) or 2- or 4-wire E&M
From Telco -24 dBm to +3 dBm
To Telco -20 dBm to 0 dBm
Signaling DTMF, Dial Pulse, MFR1, or MFR2
Adapter RJ45-C to BTU 631 A plug, 3 meter
Progress Tones Dial Tone, Ringing, Busy
Modem Internal 300/1200/2400 baud modem (configurable to Bell 212 or CCITT V.22 and CCITT V.22bis)
Incoming Call Programmable rings to answer.
Call Answer Off-hook, tip-ring current draw
Call Disconnect Call progress tone detection (tone cadence is programmable), call limit timer, radio unit's inactivity time-out, loss of loop current, DTMF # received from phone.
· or 4-wire Private Circuit
Incoming Call Detection of voltage on E-lead
Call Answer M-lead is a 2 lead circuit with user selectable normally open/normally closed relay contact. Model 827 has M output lead and M return lead.
Call Disconnect Call Progress tone detection, call limit timer, radio unit's inactivity timer, removal of voltage from E-lead, DTMF # received from phone.
24 radio channels
5000 subscribers, 2000 group identities , 500 fleets
Record Types Registration, status, mobile to mobile, mobile to landline, and landline to mobile
Capacity Minimum 3656 to a maximum of 7313 records stored internally. Actual record size depends on call type. Landline to mobile, and mobile to landline calls require twice the storage of other call types.
Stored Information Called/Calling prefix and ident, start date/ time, call duration, channel and line assigned, dialed number.
Filtering Programmable minimum call time to store for speech and interconnect. Storage of registration and status records can be set to on or off.
Indicators Telco, Repeater, PTT, COR, Alarm, Bus, Status ( 1. Vox detect, FFSK Rx, FFSK Tx, poll, sync, not used, not used, not used, Telco Modem, Telco DTMF)
Prompt Tones Progress tones and voice prompts, error and warning tones and voice prompts sent to phone.
Data Retention Battery backed, 40 days with no power battery on. Typically 5 years shelf-life.
Real Time Clock Battery backed, 40 days with no power battery on. Typically 5 years shelf-life.
Programming Remote programming via PC using Model 827 base Database program. Access via internal modem or local RS-232 port
Alarm Monitoring 3 specific system alarms plus 3 nonspecific
Alarm Inputs 0-5volts. Active: ground, Inactive: open circuit
Alarm Outputs 1 00Ma - 1 0 Volts, Active: grounds control output, Inactive: control output open circuit.
CE Approved - EMC Directive 89/336/EEC CE
BABT Approval Number - 606203
2. Zetron 35/ ZETRON MODEL 35A PANEL
The Model 35A is a single-user interconnect that supports simplex and duplex operation. It is highly programmable for customized operation, and is remote-programmable from any touch-tone phone or DTMF radio keypad. Desktop and rackmount versions are available.
- Simplex, half- and full-duplex operation
- Works well on repeaters, control stations, and simplex base stations
- Programmable calling restrictions, access/disconnect
- Programmable VOX and sampling features
- Nine autodials (standard) with last-number redial
- Optional internal digital voice delay (for simplex systems) ensures that initial syllables of the phone party are not cut off by transmitter key-up delays
3. Zetron 38
A flagship product from Zetron, the Model 38A is a microprocessor-based repeater tone panel that can be remote-programmed to eliminate time-consuming trips to remote repeater sites. To improve sensitivity, the Model 38A contains ToneLock, a special decoding circuit that holds onto a radio's subaudible tone even when receiver quieting drops as low as 1 to 3 dB SINAD.
- Three year warranty and full value trade-up to 48-MAX!
- Choice of 38 CTCSS/22 DCS or 50 CTCSS/18 DCS
- Remote-programmable by DTMF radio or Model 8B
- RS-232 port (standard) for local or remote programming via PC(TM)
- Squelch-tail elimination via CTCSS reverse-burst detect and DCS turnoff codes
- Airtime accumulation with optional PC program for invoicing
- May be upgraded to 38-MAX (at factory only)
4. Zetron 45 /
ZETRON MODEL 45B Z-PATCH
The Model 45B Z-Patch is a sophisticated, two-line, programmable interconnect for multiple groups of users. It's ideal for mobile telephone systems where subscribers receive different levels of service and are billed separately for the telephone calls they make. The Model 45B is also ideal for private systems that need departmentalised communications.
- Simplex, half-duplex, full-duplex operation
- DTMF ANI for 99 or 325 users
- Programmable via touch-tone phone, DTMF radio, dumb terminal or PC(TM)
- RS-232 port and modem for local and remote programming
- 3 inputs: 2 end-to-end telephone lines, 1 local phone
- Extra relays for remote control of associated equipment
- Supports Model 71 RemotaPhone for low-cost rural telephony (requires DTMF encode option)
- Calling privileges assigned per user
- Paging formats for selective signalling of pagers and decoder-equipped radios
- Internal SMDR buffer stores airtime data for retrieval by computer or printout
- Internal voice-prompts card for six different owner-recorded messages
- ZEBRA billing/management program for automatic invoicing and accounting
- Internal digital voice delay
- Internal dial-click decoder for use with rotary telephones
- Model 50 DID converter eliminates need for overdial
5. Zetron Programming /
ZETRON TECHNICAL TIPS
CONFIGURING HYPER TERMINAL (WINDOWS 95) FOR PROGRAMMING ZETRON PRODUCTS.
The following is a step-by-step procedure for configuring HyperTerminal for use with Zetron products.
1. Open the HyperTerminal folder by clicking on the start button, moving the cursor to programs, then accessories, and click on the HyperTerminal.
2. Double click on the Hypertrm icon in the HyperTerminal folder.
3. Enter the name of the connection, and select any one of the icons. Click on the OK button.
4. HyperTerminal displays the Phone Number setup window. Click on the down arrow at the right end of the connect using list box, and select "Direct to Com x" from the list (x is 1 to 4 depending on the communication port you will be using). Click on the OK button.
5. Now the Properties window for the selected communication port appears. Select the relevant baud rate along with 8 data bits, 1 stop bit and "none" for flow control, then click on OK.
6. Save the settings by selecting File, then Save from the HyperTerminal menu.
7. In future sessions, you need only open the HyperTerminal folder as described in step 1 above and double click on the setup icon to configure HyperTerminal.
6. Zetron DTMF Microphone
The Zetron ZMX microphone is a highly versatile, dependable, backlit DTMF microphone. It is easily installed on most popular radios on the market. In most installations, modifications to the radio are not necessary. Since all features are programmable from the keypad, the dealer may fully customize the operation.
Model ZML DTMF Microphone
- Backlit keypad with LED under each key
- 30-million-cycle PTT switch never fails
- Quick, easy installation
- Fully programmable from the keypad - no need to open case during installation
- Programmable ANI codes and speed-dial numbers
- Highly flexible, customizable operation -even emulates other mics
- Full range of radio connectors available
The Model ZML is an economical version of the ZMX for radio users who don't need premium features such as programmable ANI codes, autodials, last number redial, and store-and-forward dialing modes. The Model ZML gives you all the reliability and high performance of the ZMX at a penny-pinching price.
- Economical, dependable, backlit DTMF microphone
- Timed dialing buffer
- Fully programmable from keypad
- Full range of radio connectors available